G3 has developed the Urban Watershed Assessment Professional Training Workshop (UWAT) for the California Water Resources Control Board Storm Water Program in Sacramento, CA with the intention of collaborating with the SWRCB Training Academy to deliver the program in various cities throughout California.
The UWAT Workshop combines the curriculum and quiz of the Watershed Wise Core Concepts Workshop with Sheet Mulching and Sponge Garden HOWs, resulting in a one-day in-class training on the basic watershed friendly landscape concepts and one-day in-field applying the principles to build a Sponge Garden that SLOWS, SPREADS, and SINKS rainwater into the landscape!
In the UWAT, Participants will learn how to:
- Conduct a Site Assessment For Urban Watershed Restoration
- Design Projects Within Water Budgets Using Plant Factor Design
- Utilize the Soil Food Web to Remove Lawn and Build Living Soil Without Chemicals
- Develop a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan and Zero Dry-weather Runoff Strategy
- Calculate Managed Allowed Depletion Using Plant/Soil/Water Relationship
- Convert a Property From Turf-centric Landscape to Watershed Wise Sponge Garden
The films, Slow the Flow and Cycle of Insanity will be viewed during an evening session between the days.